How do you know if you have termites?
Because Termites mostly live underground and in the walls of your home, you are unlikely to see the termites themselves.
Since you likely won’t see termites, look for these signs:
- Termite droppings, which look like small, ridged, wood-colored pellets.
- Mud tubes on exterior surface (pictured to the left).
- Wings all of the same size (look like tiny fish scales) shredded near an entry point to your home.
Since some of these signs are difficult to detect, we recommend regular inspection by a pest-control professional.
Why should you be worried?
Most homeowners list their first home as their single largest investment. With termite damage totalling upwards of $5 billion per year, they are a major threat to that investment. Furthermore, most insurance plans don’t cover treatment or repairs due to termites.
Tips for Preventing Termite Infestation
- Eradicate the collection of moisture by fixing pipes, A/C units, and other home fixtures prone to leaking.
- Ensure drainage sites remain clean and effective.
- Caulk cracks in the foundation and around utility lines or pipes.
- Keep plants and mulch well maintained.
- Store firewood and lumber away from the home.
- Remove excess wood like tree stumps or yard debris.
- Install appropriately sized screens on exterior vents.
- Monitor outdoor wooden structures for signs of infestation.
SCHEDULE A FREE INSPECTION
Call your local Orkin branch office and set up a free inspection of your home by a Qualified Orkin Termite Inspector who will design a customized treatment plan that fits your needs and discuss financing options available to you.
Don’t let termites destroy your home. Call or fill out the form for a free inspection.
The Orkin Advantage
Our trained professionals can both detect existing infestations and help you prevent future problems. When you work with Orkin, you’ll get:
- Industry-leading technology
- Over 70 years of termite control experience
- An associate with extensive training in all areas of term
Whether you have a termite problem or just want to protect your home from possible invaders, our integrated A.I.M® pest protection process works to assess your home, implement solutions, and monitor potential termite problems.
[ A.I.M. ]
If you have seen evidence of termites, The Orkin Man® will come and inspect your home. The Orkin Man® will perform a thorough examination of your home by checking your basement or crawlspace for moisture, your foundation
for wood debris, and other risk areas that may attract an infestation. Your Orkin Man utilizes state-of-the-art equipment such as IR thermometers, moisture meters, and termite detection systems to help him scientifically assess your home.
When he’s done, you will receive our recommendation, complete with customized digital diagrams and an Orkin Inspection Report outlining problems we identified, as well as a recommended plan to protect your home from termites.
Getting The Job Done
If The Orkin Man finds a termite infestation or the potential for one, he will discuss the best solution for your situation. Termidor® Liquid Treatment
- This solution works inside, outside, and within the foundation to provide a protective area around your home.
- The treatment offers immediate protection as well as protection from future infestations throughout the duration of the protection plan.
- We use application flowmeters to record the amount of termiticide used in each area and the cumulative total recommended after each treatment, to deliver the precise amount needed.
Dry Foam And OrkinFoam
- These solutions are used to treat voids and spaces in exterior and interior walls, under slabs, around pipes, and for certain surfaces.
- OrkinFoam treatments expand to reach critical areas, providing extra coverage and protection against termites.
- The ultralow moisture content in Orkin Dry Foam® helps prevent it from soaking through and damaging your drywall.
Sentricon® Bait and Monitoring
- Sentricon® targets at-risk locations around your home such as, old tree stumps, moist soil, irrigation sprinkler heads, roof downspouts and other moist areas.
- The bait present at bait stations disrupts the molting process termites require for growth — targeting the source of the problem.
- Sentricon® provides ongoing protection against future termite infestations without any drilling or damage to your landscape.
At the end of your service, he will fill out a Termite Control Service Ticket that outlines exactly what he did and when he’ll be back to check on your progress.
A Year-Round Solution
After your treatment, your Orkin Man will implement a Continuous Termite Protection Plan to monitor and help protect your home for any future signs of termite activity. Your plan will also include a Re-treatment Program. That way, in the unlikely
event that termites invade your home following our visit, the Orkin Man will also return to battle the problem at no additional charge.